BESPOKE TIPS: Getting ready for Spring Racing Carnival Season
Ladies, get your race day outfits ready, as the spring racing carnival season is fast approaching! There’s no better way to express your personal style, whilst still adhering to the carnival’s demure dress code than having your very own with bespoke piece made with LJ! Whether you're heading to the Cup itself or attending a work a function, be inspired by some of our favourite looks to ensure you're remembered amongst the fashions on the field!
Let's start with some of our favourite looks from last year’s Melbourne Cup 2016:
It doesn't stop there! For more dose of inspiration, here are some of our favourite looks from the recently wrapped up Paris Couture fashion shows. These are definitely going to our mood boards!
Giambatistta Valli - FW 17/18
Ralph & Russo - FW 17/18
Schiaparelli - FW 17/18
Now let's put that all together...
To get you started, here are some sketches from the Lucia Josephine team, inspired by the racing season!
Just don’t forget these quick reminders and style mantras when you’re building up your race-wear wardrobe:
- Stick with a silhouette that shows your curves as a woman. Careful that it's not too tight, otherwise you risk losing the lady like aspect of the carnival tradition;
- Your outfit’s colour palette could go from, achromatic, monochromatic or up to 3 colours in one look;
- If you're going to the cup, try and wear comfortable shoes, possibly opt to go with block heels, to maintain that lady-classy style on the turf;
- Go crazy with millinery! Anything from a hat, to a crown, or the traditional fascinators and don’t be shy with the accessories. Now's the time for your crown to shine!
- Lastly, don't forget to include tonnes of moisturiser & sunscreen in your day wear make up if you're out on the field.
Experience the power of a bespoke piece this race day, and let us create the dress of your dreams... just for you!
Words: Shermaine K
Images: harpersbazaar.com and vogue.com